Comfortable • Informal • Thoughtful • Spiritual
Worship is at the heart of Christian Life at Living Waters. You will enjoy a traditional Lutheran worship service with a modern vibe. Our sanctuary is bright and light with ten foot windows looking over the lake! Instead of a heavy pipe organ we have the bright music of a grand piano.
We worship together on Sundays at 10 am and are led by a group of fine musicians in a variety of musical styles stretching from traditional Lutheran liturgy to reggae style praise music, and everything in between!
As a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) we embrace the richness of the Lutheran tradition of word and sacrament, while weaving a sense of flexibility in our style and presentation.
Warmth of community, prayer, confession and forgiveness of sins, quality preaching and excellent music all come together each week to worship our Lord Jesus Christ!
Children in Worship
We want children, even noisy ones, to participate in worship! We know it can challenging for little bodies to sit for long periods of time which is why we offer several opportunities to move around during the service.
- Children’s Message: children come forward to hear the gospel story.
- Offertory: children come forward and place their offerings in a church bank or basket on the altar.
- Communion: children are invited to come forward with their parents and receive a blessing or communion (depending on the parent’s wishes).
- Baptism: on Sundays when there is a baptism, children are invited to come to the baptismal font to have a ‘front row seat” to the sacrament of Holy Baptism.
- Dismissal: at the end of the worship service the children gather at the back of the sanctuary to send the congregation forth with blessings!
Nursery Care is Available
While children are always welcomed in worship, we understand that some parents may choose to have younger children placed in the nursery. We offer a staffed nursery for children from birth through age three.
Your child’s safety is our number one priority so we ask that a parent/guardian sign the child in/out of the nursery.
Breastfeeding Friendly Location
In 2019 Living Waters Lutheran Church was recognized by the Minnesota Department of Health as a Breastfeeding Friendly location. Breastfeeding is welcomed any time and any place within our building. We understand that some nursing mothers may wish to have privacy to feed their baby so we provide a comfortable and private place also.