Comfortable • Informal • Thoughtful • Spiritual
Worship is at the heart of Christian life at Living Waters. You will enjoy a traditional Lutheran worship service with a modern vibe. Our sanctuary is bright and light with ten foot windows looking over the lake! Instead of a pipe organ we have the bright music of a grand piano.
Our worship is led by a group of fine musicians in a variety of musical styles stretching from traditional Lutheran liturgy to reggae style praise music, and everything in between!
As a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) we embrace the richness of the Lutheran tradition of word and sacrament, while weaving a sense of flexibility in our style and presentation.
Warmth of community, prayer, confession and forgiveness of sins, quality preaching and excellent music all come together each week to worship our Lord Jesus Christ!
Children in Worship – The Grace Space
We want children, even noisy ones, to participate in worship! We know it can challenging for little bodies to sit for long periods of time which is why we offer a quiet place space for children in the sanctuary along with several opportunities to move around during the service.
- Quarter Pole: early in worship (typically during the gathering song) children collect quarters from the congregation and place them in the quarter pole. This pole which was constructed in 2021 by a church elder, holds about $100 in quarters. When the pole is filled the children decide where the donations should be sent. Past recipients include Lutheran Disaster Relief, Feed My Starving Children, Gillette Children’s Hospital and a local family who lost their house in a fire.
- Children’s Message: children come forward to hear the gospel story.
- Communion: children are invited to come forward with their parents and receive a blessing or communion (depending on the parent’s wishes).
- Baptism: on Sundays when there is a baptism, children are invited to come to the baptismal font to have a ‘front row seat” to the sacrament of Holy Baptism.
- Dismissal: at the end of the worship service the children gather at the back of the sanctuary to send the congregation forth with blessings!
Breastfeeding Friendly Location
In 2019 Living Waters Lutheran Church was recognized by the Minnesota Department of Health as a Breastfeeding Friendly location. Breastfeeding is welcomed any time and any place within our building. We understand that some nursing mothers may wish to have privacy to feed their baby so we provide a comfortable and private place also.